THE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS OF LAGCOE (YPL) IS A GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS FROM THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY WITH THE DESIRE TO TAKE ACTION TO SEE OUR INDUSTRY GROW.
As the older generation leaves the workforce they take with them a knowledge base built on the experiences of years of service. In addition, there will be a void in the number of professionals who actively represent the interests of our industry. That is where YPL comes in. The group started with a goal to eventually take the reins of LAGCOE.
THE MISSION OF YOUNG PROFESSIONALS OF LAGCOE IS TO:
PROVIDE CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
From regular networking events, to the Young Professionals of LAGCOE Mentor Program, YPL seeks to engage current and future leaders of the oil and gas industry in conversation to pass on the valuable information and lessons learned from many years of experience. Career Development Opportunities include:
- Young Professionals of LAGCOE Mentor Program
- DRILLS created and facilitated by EXCELERANT, is an event designed to engage current and future leaders of the oil and gas industry in conversation about ensuring a pipeline of prepared, qualified oil and gas senior and executive leaders.
- Access to LAGCOE technical and international presentations
- STEM education promotion
Young Professionals of LAGCOE work to begin the career development process of Acadiana area high school students with interest in studying and eventually working in one of the STEM, Science, Technology, Engineering or Math, fields by offering Future Energy Professionals tours of the LAGCOE exposition. These juniors and seniors have the opportunity to an introduction to today’s oil and gas industry via guided tours of the LAGCOE exposition, led by a YPL member and an ambassador from UL-Lafayette’s College of Engineering.
PROMOTE NETWORKING AMONG ENERGY PROFESSIONALS
Young Professionals of LAGCOE hosts quarterly networking events to connect our members. Events vary in style, with some being a typical luncheon event that may include an industry speaker, tying in to our career development focus, whereas others may involve a night out at the baseball park or a social before a community event.
YPL also hosts the Young Professionals of LAGCOE Invitational Golf Tournament each spring, which was designed to be a fun, first class oil and gas industry networking event, complete with practice rounds, a crawfish boil, and of course the tournament.
Regardless of your networking event preference, YPL is sure to have something to excite and entertain you!
ACT AS AMBASSADORS TO THE LAGCOE EDUCATION FUND
A top priority of YPL, the LAGCOE Education Fund, a fund at Community Foundation of Acadiana, was established to fund projects and programs that support educational efforts for or about the energy industry.
The annual LAGCOE Sporting Clays Tournament, a major fundraiser for the LAGCOE Education Fund, has raised more than $200,000 over the past four years which has helped to raise funds for:
- Future Energy Professionals scholarships, awarded biennially to students majoring in one of the STEM fields at a Louisiana University, selected the group of high school juniors and seniors who participated in the FEP tours of LAGCOE's technical expositions & conferences
- The LAGCOE Endowed Professorship at South Louisiana Community College which will be used to recruit and retain instructors in the oil and gas programs at SLCC.
FUNCTION AS A RECRUITING TOOL TO FEED YOUNG PROFESSIONALS INTO LAGCOE COMMITTEES
YPL will function as a recruitment tool to feed young professionals into the LAGCOE Committees that help to put on the biennial technical exposition and conference.
It's necessary to serve on a committee several years to gain an understanding of how LAGCOE's technical expositions & conferences operate before it's possible to take on a larger role within the LAGCOE committee structure.
FOR $50 PER YEAR, ENJOY ALL PERKS OF YPL MEMBERSHIP, INCLUDING
- Networking events
- Access to industry learning opportunities
- Service opportunities
- Career development functions
- Access to experienced industry executives
- Special pricing for events
- Exclusive event access
- And more!