Designers study, research and develop ideas for products and the systems used to make them. But is this statement true in all cases?
Sure, drafting and design may involve a lot of theory. But we don't always get to see it in practice.
Let's dive into the details on how you can learn designing practical skills and expand your skill-sets.
The Design Learning Plateau
Designers are not only concerned with making products that look good and are easy and safe to use: they are also involved with ensuring that the products can be made cost-effectively and efficiently.
Typical tasks designers may accomplish include:
- Thinking of possible design solutions and strategy
- Researching whether the design will work and be cost-effective
- Assessing the usability, environmental impact and safety of a design
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software to create prototypes
- Collecting and analyzing data from tests on prototypes
- Modifying designs and retesting them
Does this sound familiar? Great! So what's next?
Do designers need soft skills?
With experience, your career can lead to senior design positions in larger organizations. Designers can also move into management roles such as project management and new business development.
Sure, designers excel at creating innovating products, but developing soft skills to enhance careers isn't always a top priority. Let's face it, as a designer moving up the totem pole means you have the technical techniques.
But what about your soft-skills? Without those skills, you are just another number in a large pool of designers.
Don’t be just another designer.
Have you reached the designer learning plateau?
Where exactly does one (as a designer) get to learn more "hands-on", practical skills?
Enter the PES Training Program.
LEarning Practical Design skills
The PES Training Program is designed by industry experts to give designers the real-world experience they need to champion their career goals. At PES you can learn design skills in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, civil/structural engineering and much more.
This program is for talented (more importantly motivated) designers out there to bring into our incentive based workforce.
I am a senior Designer, is this program for me?
Being a senior designer is never just about how many years of working experience you have or how well you make design calculations.
Being a senior designer involves having the right practical abilities, understanding technical tools deeply, excelling at critical thinking, choosing the right technology, having great knowledge on codes and standards, and being able to see the big picture.
The PES Training program is dedicated for senior level designers who are looking to work their way up the totem pole.
I am a entry level designer, is this program for me?
Being a qualified entry level designer is not just about how many classes you took, or how high your GPA is. Being a qualified entry level designer involves having the right practical skill-sets that will help you outshine all of the other smarties.
It's true, its a world full of competition and you have to get your hands dirty.
The PES Training Program is dedicated from interns and entry level designers who are looking for ways to expand their curriculum experience.
How can I benefit from the PES Training program as a designer?
- Gain free real-world training that is more valuable than any textbook
- Compete for a shot for a full time job with PES - get compensated based on high performing talent.
- Compete for a shot at part time job on an as needed basis with PES
- Valuable, free training that is more valuable than anything in college even if the applicant is not selected
- We have their resume on file for any future opportunities
- Leverage our industry reputation and network for future opportunities
Is the PES Training Program right for you?
- Are you ready to make a career change and seeking for practical experience?
- Are you an entry-level college intern ready learn more about the real world and practical challenges?
Learn more about the real-world designing and engineering applications.
Sign up today!
Practical Engineering Solutions will always be dedicated to providing top-notch customer service to meet our industry demands.
We set ourselves apart with our consistency and timely turnarounds. We are always committed to being responsive to our clients, KEEPING OUR PROMISES, making delivery schedules, and standing by our designs!
From concept, design, and engineering, to project management and integrity services. We are your gateway to your journey's engineering endeavors. Including oil & gas, hemp & CBD, and food industries.
Providing services focusing in Facilities Engineering, Turn-Key Solutions, Hemp Facilities, Food Plant Engineering, Manufacturing, Engineering Services and Drafting & Design.